Monday, October 8, 2018

Late Show Writer Ariel Dumas: 'Whatever Happens, I'm Just Glad We Ruined Brett Kavanaugh's Life'


A writer for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert issued an apology Sunday after she was slammed on social media for taking pride in Brett Kavanuagh's tainted reputation. Ariel Dumas wrote on Twitter, after Republicans secured the votes needed to confirm Kavanaugh Saturday, 'Whatever happens, I'm just glad we ruined Brett Kavanaugh's life.' Dumas was forced to set her social media account to private shortly after she received backlash for her remark. She also seemingly deleted the tweet from her page. 'The last couple of weeks have been hard for the country and for me personally,' the screenwriter followed-up in a tweet. 'The complexity of frustration, anger and sadness can’t be accurately conveyed on twitter, and I regret my tone-deaf attempt at sarcasm in the wake of it.' Source

No comments:

Post a Comment